Strategy for construction managers
Cost, location & dates:
Variable. See How to book below
Duration: 2 days
Funding: See Grants and funding below
This course is for managers in construction. It will help you to evaluate the potential costs and benefits of different business and organisational strategies.
This course simulates the world of senior management, generating much of the information normally available to senior managers. It also provides a risk-free environment in which to develop, evaluate and implement ideas, involving factors such as the design of the reporting structure, job descriptions and personnel issues.
This course can be booked by employers and take place at or near their place of work. See How to book below.
The course covers:
- The link between business strategy and operations
- The consequences of decisions made and their impact across the business
- How specific strategies affect finance, marketing, tendering, human resources and production
- The role of leadership, teamwork and decision-making in formulating and pursuing achievable strategies
- The business cycle (from getting work to getting paid)
- The interpersonal and management skills needed for effective and efficient team-working, communication and delegation.
Teaching and assessment
- This is a highly interactive course taught through classroom-based tutorials and exercises. You will be assessed through theory and practical tests as well as professional discussions.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
How to book
Group bookings only. For public courses please see "CDM 2015 for Duty Holders and Responsibilities"
This course is available for delivery in-house for a minimum of 6 and maximum 12 attendees.
We can deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue arranged by you.
To book call your local NCC contact:
South West England, North West England, Scotland and Wales
0300 456 7766
London, the South East and South Central England
0300 456 7856
Yorkshire and Humber, the Midlands, East and North East England
0300 456 7908