Portable Appliance Testing (PAT): City & Guilds
Cost: £325 no VAT charged
Duration: 2 days
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course code: DML22
This City & Guilds course is for anyone who carries out portable appliance testing (or PAT).
It teaches you how to inspect and test electrical appliances for safety.
The price includes the exam fee and the IEE Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (worth £45).
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Refer to all relevant legislation
- Identify why we test and inspect
- Demonstrate correct methods of test and inspection
- Record and analyse data
- Demonstrate correct use of test equipment
- Explain the reasons for formal visual inspection and combine inspection and testing
- City & Guilds examination.
Teaching and assessment
You’ll be assessed through practical exercises and an online test.
Qualifications you get
- City & Guilds certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are not available for this course.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.