CPCS Forward Tipping Dumper Wheeled A09 - experienced operators (2 days)
Cost: £656 no VAT charged
Duration: 2 days
Locations: Derbyshire, Norfolk
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course Code: FTDSD
This condensed course is for experienced operators of wheeled forward tipping dumpers, who need a formal qualification.
You gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the technical test at the end.
If you have limited or no experience, you should do our full 4-day course.
- Operate the machine to a minimum standard
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Know which minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures are necessary, and be able to carry them out
- Prepare the machine for travelling on the public highway
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Apply all necessary safety precautions
- Understand how diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate.
Teaching and assessment
- 1 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English
- Can undertake pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures according to manufacturers’ handbook/manual
- Can travel in a forward/reverse direction, through restrictions, confined areas, on level ground, undulating ground and substantial inclines, including hill start procedures
- Can configure dumpers to receive and discharge loads
- You will need to revise the theory questions before the course as there will only be a short time for this on the course.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.
After gaining experience on site at level 1, you must complete a NVQ/SVQ level 2 within 2 years to get the CPCS competent operator card (blue card).