The CSN is co-ordinated by CITB in conjunction with Experian, who provide information and analytical services through the model approach.
Sharing CSN forecasts with stakeholders allows us to validate and test the CSN forecast and assumptions using local knowledge to enhance the data.
Stakeholder contributions are instrumental in ensuring that forecasts are accurate and enabling us to efficiently and effectively plan our response to skills needs.
Benefits of the Construction Skills Network
Having access to CSN labour market intelligence and trend insight allows the industry, government, regional agencies and key stakeholders to:
- Identify sectors that are likely to be the strongest drivers of work output growth in each nation and region
- Pinpoint the associated, specific skills that will be needed year by year
- Highlight trends across the industry such as national and regional shifts in demand
- Plan ahead and address the skills needs of a traditionally mobile workforce
- Prepare for an increase in demand for certain skills at certain times
- Understand the levels of new entrants required, and the qualifications required to ensure a qualified and competent workforce is available.