This report was commissioned by the Construction Industry Council via ConstructionSkills research team and is based on trend analysis of official data, outputs from the Construction Skills Network forecasting model, 30 depth interviews and 301 telephone interviews with Construction Professional Services firms.
The key areas examined were:
- Impact of the recession on the size and nature of the workforce
- Steps taken to meet the recession
- Any changes in the skills needed by the firm
- Extent to which the recession has impacted on recruitment overall and specifically on graduates
- The current volume of Built Environment graduates, including how many are seeking/have found employment in the sector & how many are likely to come through higher education in the medium term.
Download the full reports