Minimum two days of 6 learning hours per day.
The purpose of this standard is to provide candidates with bespoke knowledge of CNC and CAD/CAM (AlphaCAM) system programming on woodworking machinery
The scope of this standard covers:
- An overview of features
- Producing woodworking geometry
- Adding and editing toolpaths
- Adding dimensions generation of loading of programmes
- Woodworking tooling selection and feed speeds
- Health and Safety requirements
Training delivered against this standard would be relevant to the following occupational group(s):
- operative and craft
There are no candidate pre-requisites as part of this standard. However a basic knowledge of CNC and CAD/CAM (AlphaCAM) equipment terminology and techniques would be beneficial.
As a minimum, course instructors must be able to demonstrate that, in relation to this standard, they have:
- a train the trainer or instructional techniques course certificate
- successfully completed training to this standard
- at least 2 years relevant industrial experience as a fitter
- a verifiable CV.
Delivery may be in an on or off the job environment.
All materials and equipment must be of a suitable quality and quantity for candidates to achieve learning outcomes, and must comply with relevant legislation.
The class size and candidate to instructor ratio must allow training to be delivered in a safe manner and enable candidates to achieve the learning outcomes.
The following delivery methods may be used in the delivery of this standard:
- a blend of classroom and e-learning
This standard is considered to contain 51 per cent or more practical training.
This standard is considered to be set at an intermediate level.
For the successful completion of training, the trainer must be satisfied that the candidate has achieved all of the learning outcomes.
Quality assurance against this standard will require initial approval of the training organisation and their content mapped to the standard.
CITB will also conduct an approval intervention, either desk-based or centre visit, to ensure the training organisation can meet the requirements of the training standard.
Approved training organisations (ATOs) will be required to present information on records of training and assessment upon request to CITB for desk based analysis. They will also be visited annually by the CITB quality assurance team.
There is no mandatory renewal or recommended refreshment requirements for this standard.
On request or in 3 years from approval date.
The candidate will be able to:
- list features of CNC and CAD/CAM (AlphaCAM)
- know how to produce woodworking geometry
- know how to add and edit toolpaths
- know how to add dimensions
- know how to generate and load programs
- know woodworking tooling selection and feed speeds
Additional information about this standard
For more information contact the British Woodworking Federation