Grant codes: A02, A03, A04, A05 and A06
You can claim this grant for your trainee's attendance on a CITB-approved apprenticeship in Scotland, which lasts two years or more.
To get a grant for the qualification your apprentice gains at the end of training, see Vocational Qualification grant (grant codes A31 and A32).
Who can claim
Employers registered with CITB who submitted an accurate Levy Return by 31 December 2017.
The grant supports training for your:
- employees paid through PAYE.
The grant does not support:
How much you can get
Exactly how much you can claim depends on the route that your apprentice is following – whether they are working directly towards a Modern Apprenticeship or they convert to one.
- Two-year programme: up to £6,000
- Four-year programme: up to £10,250
- Plus and extra 10% payment if you pay the levy and meet certain deadlines. See Supplementary payment.
What the grant funds
This grant supports training that is part of an approved apprenticeship in Scotland. The training needs to:
- lead to an approved Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) or Advanced Craft Certificate in a trade related to construction or a specialist trade
- take place off the job, eg on a day release or block release basis
- include at least 35 days’ training a year
- last for two years or more
- be delivered by an approved work-based learning provider in Scotland. The apprentice can be managed by CITB or another managing agency
- form part of an approved apprenticeship framework, for example, schemes run by the Scottish Building Apprenticeship and Training Council (SBATC) or Scottish Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship Council (SPADAC).
This grant does not support:
Have you sent us your bank details?
Do we have your bank details so that we can pay out on your grant claim?
Grants are only paid by bank transfer. If we do not hold your current bank details, please complete and submit the secure online Bacs Direct Credit Authorisation Form to receive grant payments.
Have you signed up to CITB Grants Online?