Grant code: A43
You can claim this grant when your employees pass the practical element of a Construction Plant Competency Scheme (CPCS) technical test. The grant is for tests passed between 1 August 2017 and 31 March 2018.
Find out more about the CPCS
Who can claim
Employers registered with CITB who submitted an accurate Levy Return by 31 December 2017.
You can claim the grant for your:
How much you can get
How much you can claim depends on the category of plant:
- £410 for plant categories A43A, such as the 360 excavator
- £240 for plant categories A43B, such as the telescopic-handler
- £190 for plant categories A43C, such as the ride-on-roller
You can claim for a maximum of two tests per person in a grant scheme year.
You also get an extra 10% if you pay the CITB levy and meet certain deadlines, with the Supplementary Payment.
What the grant supports
This grant supports passing the standard or advanced level practical element of the CPCS technical test in certain categories of plant.
This grant does not support tests that are for renewing an existing CPCS Competency Card. There is a separate grant available to upgrade a CPCS Blue Card.
How to claim
For training taking place between 1 August 2017 and 31 March 2018, the deadline for making a claim is 30 June 2018. You can claim when your employee passes their test.
If the training provider/test centre has your CITB registration number:
- If you inform your CPCS test centre of your 7-digit CITB Levy registration number at the time of booking the test, then we’ll send you a pre-completed grant claim form by post.
- Sign and return this to us at the address on the form.
If the training provider/test centre doesn't have your CITB registration number:
- If you do not receive a pre-populated grant claim form within one month of the test achievement date, download and complete a single grant claim form as a PDF (199KB) or a multiple grant claim form in Excel (159KB).
Have you sent us your bank details?
Do we have your bank details so that we can pay out on your grant claim?
Grants are only paid by bank transfer. If we do not hold your current bank details, please complete and submit the secure online Bacs Direct Credit Authorisation Form to receive grant payments.
Terms and conditions
The Grant Scheme terms and conditions answer more questions about who can or can’t claim, and how our grants scheme works.
Before you apply, make sure you've read and understood the terms and conditions.
Have you signed up to CITB Grants Online?
By signing up to CITB online you can:
- see your grant statement
- request a grant report
- authorise grant claims
Already have an account? You can log in now.