Grant codes: A31 to A33
You can claim this grant when your employee gains an approved National or Scottish Vocational Qualification (NVQ or SVQ) at level 2 or above through the following routes:
- Off-the job-training
- On-site Assessment and Training (OSAT) and Experienced Worker Practical Assessments (EWPA)
- As part of an apprenticeship.
They must gain the qualification between 1 August 2017 and 31 March 2018.
Who can claim
Employers registered with CITB who submitted an accurate Levy Return by 31 December 2017.
The grant supports qualifications gained by your:
How much you can get
- £400 for each NVQ or SVQ gained.
- Plus an extra 10% if you pay the levy and meet certain deadlines. See Supplementary payment.
You can claim for a maximum of four NVQs or SVQs at each level per employee in a lifetime. Three of these can be for adding a category to an existing CPCS blue card.
What the grant supports
Gaining a NVQ or SVQ level 2 or above in any subject, including ones that are not related to construction.
The NVQ/SVQ must be gained through one of these training routes:
- Apprenticeship programme (grant codes A31 and A32).
- Off-the-job training (grant codes A31C, A32C and A33)
- On-site Assessment and Training (OSAT) and Experienced Worker Practical Assessment (EWPA) (grant codes A31B, A32B and A33B)
What achievements are not supported?
- VQ Levels 4 and 5 cannot be claimed in addition to Business and Technical Education Council (BTEC), Scottish Qualifications (SQA), Higher National Certificate (HNC) or Higher National Diploma (HND) achievement grants for technical qualifications. These are supported by the Technical and Professional achievement grant.
- A VQ cross-matched BTEC or SQA award is only eligible for a single achievement grant. You can only claim either VQ achievement or Technical and Professional achievement, not both.
- VQ Level 2 and 3 for Craft non-apprenticeship trainees as these achievements are supported through Craft non apprenticeship Grant.
- Candidates completing OSAT/EWPA through the SkillsDirect route are not eligible for this grant.
Have you sent us your bank details?
Do we have your bank details so that we can pay out on your grant claim?
Grants are only paid by bank transfer. If we do not hold your current bank details, please complete and submit the secure online Bacs Direct Credit Authorisation Form to receive grant payments
Terms and conditions
The Grant Scheme terms and conditions answer more questions about who can or can’t claim, and how our grants scheme works.
Before you apply, make sure you've read and understood the terms and conditions.
Have you signed up to CITB Grants Online?
By signing up to CITB online you can:
- see your grant statement
- request a grant report
- authorise grant claims
Already have an account? You can log in now.