What this fund is for
The Skills and Training fund aims to enable medium-sized construction companies (with up to 250 directly employed staff) to improve their training programme so that it meets the more complex needs of a developing business. This can include management and leadership training, helping you unlock growth through new technology or introducing new skills to improve productivity in your business. Please refer to the Guidance Notes (PDF 187KB) for further details.
Please note, in order to manage a significant reduction in the budget available to support these funds in 2020/21, it will only be possible to support the top scoring applications each month. In order to maximise your chance of success please read the guidance notes carefully, fully answer all questions and do not exceed your funding allowance.
Who can apply for funding
You can apply if:
- you are a CITB-registered employer
- you have between 100 and 250 directly-employed staff on the payroll
- any previous project paid for by the Skills and Training fund has been signed off as complete.
You can apply for funding once every 12 months.
How much you can apply for
CITB-registered employers can apply for funding related to how many direct employees they have.
- Employers with between 100 and 149 directly-employed staff can receive up to £15,000.
- Employers with between 150 and 199 directly-employed staff can receive up to £20,000.
- Employers with between 200 and 250 directly-employed staff can receive up to £25,000.
Before you apply
Make sure you've read and understood these documents
You can also discuss your application with your local CITB Adviser, who will be happy to assist and ensure your application form has been completed correctly and all of the questions have been answered clearly e.g. Value for Money & Quality.
How to apply
Please complete the Skills and Training application form (Excel file 289KB)
To complete and submit the form, you should:
- Download the application form and save it to your computer
- Complete all fields, saving regularly along the way to prevent loss of data
- Save and send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org