What this fund is for
The Skills and Training fund aims to help small and micro construction companies to deliver high quality learning and development experiences to employees. It provides extra incentive to access CITB grant eligible training. From 2020, it also supports a wider range of activity, with a greater emphasis on innovation, and management and leadership training. Please refer to the Guidance notes (PDF 197KB) for further details.
Please note, in order to manage a significant reduction in the budget available to support these funds in 2020/21, it will only be possible to support the top scoring applications each month. In order to maximise your chance of success please read the guidance notes carefully, fully answer all questions and do not exceed your funding allowance.
Who can apply for funding
You can apply if:
- you are a CITB-registered employer
- you have 1-99 directly employed staff on the payroll (employees must be in addition to yourself / business owner)
- any previous project paid for by the Skills and Training fund has been signed off as complete.
You can apply for funding once every 12 months.
How much can you apply for
CITB-registered employers can apply for funding related to how many direct employees they have:
- Employers with 1 to 49 directly employed staff can receive up to £5000.
- Employers with 50 to 74 directly employed staff can receive up to £7500.
- Employers with 75 to 99 directly employed staff can receive up to £10000.
Before you apply
Make sure you've read and understood these documents
You can also discuss your application with your local CITB Adviser, who will be happy to assist and ensure your application form has been completed correctly and all of the questions have been answered clearly e.g. Value for Money & Quality.
How to apply
Please complete the Skills and Training application form (Excel file 276KB)
- Download the application form and save it to your computer
- Complete all fields, saving regularly along the way to prevent loss of data
- Save and send the completed form to email@example.com.