What this fund is for
The Skills and Training fund aims to help small and micro construction companies to deliver high quality learning and development experiences to employees. It provides extra incentive to access CITB grant eligible training. From 2020, it also supports a wider range of activity, with a greater emphasis on innovation, and management and leadership training. Please refer to the Guidance notes (PDF, 216KB) for further details.
In response to COVID -19 we have expanded the funds to support business sustainability as well as business improvement. The changes we have made are set out in the Guidance notes (PDF 216KB).
Please note, in order to manage a significant reduction in the budget available to support these funds in 2020/21, it will only be possible to support the top scoring applications each month. In order to maximise your chance of success please read the guidance notes carefully, fully answer all questions and do not exceed your funding allowance.
Who can apply for funding
You can apply if:
- you are a CITB-registered employer
- you have less than 100 directly employed staff on the payroll
- any previous project paid for by the Skills and Training fund has been signed off as complete.
You can apply for funding once every 12 months.
How much can you apply for
CITB-registered employers can apply for funding related to how many direct employees they have:
- Employers with 1 to 49 directly employed staff can receive up to £5000.
- Employers with 50 to 74 directly employed staff can receive up to £7500.
- Employers with 75 to 99 directly employed staff can receive up to £10000.
Before you apply
Make sure you've read and understood these documents
Guidance notes (PDF 216KB)
You can also discuss your application with your local CITB Adviser, who will be happy to assist and ensure your application form has been completed correctly and all of the questions have been answered clearly e.g. Value for Money & Quality.
How to apply
Please complete the Skills and Training application form (Excel file 369KB)
- Download the application form and save it to your computer
- Complete all fields, saving regularly along the way to prevent loss of data
- If COVID-19 is a factor for the training support you are requesting please ensure this is stated on your application form (see guidance notes for full explanation)
- Save and send the completed form to email@example.com