NGC1: The Management of health and safety
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health and safety management systems - Plan
- Health and safety management systems - Do
- Health and safety management systems - Check
- Health and safety management systems - Act
NCC1: Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities
- Construction law and management
- Construction site hazards and controls
- Vehicle and plant movement
- Manual and mechanical handling
- Work equipment
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards
- Physical and psychological health hazards
- Working at height
- Excavation work and confined spaces
NCC2: Construction health and safety practical application
- Workplace inspection and report writing
The course includes publications, registration, certification and lunch and refreshments.
Teaching and assessment
Classroom-based turorials and workshops.
- Ongoing assessment dudring the course, including assignments completed independently
- Two written examinations
- A practical assignment completed on your own workplace.
Qualifications you gain
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
This qualifictaion is widely respected by employers and meets the requirements for Technician Membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH) and Associate Membership of IIRSM (AIIRSM)
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers. You can have between 6 and 16 people on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
To book call your local NCC contact:
Scotland, North West England, North East England, Yorkshire and Humber
0300 456 7908
London, the South East, South Central, South West England
0300 456 7856
East & West Midlands, East Anglia, Wales
0300 456 7766
Mandatory entry requirements
- We highly recommend you have completed some health and safety training at supervisory or management level in the last five years.
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- Valid form of ID presented on the first day of the course. This must include a photograph and signature, such as a copy of your passport or drivers licence.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.