NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
Cost: From £1,560 no VAT charged
Duration: 16 days
Locations: Various UK-wide
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Course code: LT542
This 16-day course is for managers who are responsible for the safety of construction workers and for people moving into roles like CDM duty holder and health and safety advisor.
You will learn about your health and safety responsibilities and how to carry these out more effectively.
At the end of the course, you gain the well-regarded NEBOSH Certificate.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
NGC1: The Management of health and safety
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health and safety management systems - Plan
- Health and safety management systems - Do
- Health and safety management systems - Check
- Health and safety management systems - Act.
NCC1: Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities
- Construction law and management
- Construction site hazards and controls
- Vehicle and plant movement
- Manual and mechanical handling
- Work equipment
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards
- Physical and psychological health hazards
- Working at height
- Excavation work and confined spaces
NCC2: Construction health and safety practical application
- Workplace inspection and report writing.
The course includes publications, registration, certification and lunch and refreshments.
Teaching and assessment
- Classroom-based tutorials and workshops.
- Ongoing assessment during the course, including assignments completed independently
- Two written examinations
- A practical assignment completed on your own workplace.
Qualifications you gain
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety.
This qualification is widely respected by employers and meets the requirements for Technician Membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH) and Associate Membership of IIRSM (AIIRSM).
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers. You can have between 6 and 16 people on a course. We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose. To book call your local NCC contact:
Scotland, North West England, North East England, Yorkshire and Humber
0300 456 7908
London, the South East, South Central, South West England
0300 456 7856
East & West Midlands, East Anglia, Wales
0300 456 7766
Mandatory entry requirements
- We highly recommend you have completed some health and safety training at supervisory or management level in the last five years
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area
- Valid form of ID presented on the first day of the course. This must include a photograph and signature, such as a copy of your passport or drivers licence.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please see our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.