The course includes six modules and an onsite assessment visit. You study one module per month and the qualification should take approximately nine months to complete.
The course gives you the confidence to carry out your supervisory responsibilities effectively.
- Introduction, NVQ induction and health and safety
- Leadership and management
- Communication and customer care
- Environment and sustainability
- Planning, programming and logistics
- Resource management (cost, cash and risk)
- Onsite assessment visit
- Assessment workshop if required
The course includes registration, certification, lunch and refreshments.
Teaching and assessment
The course involves classroom tuition and workshops. You'll receive a lot of support from industry experts to help you meet the requirements of the NVQ.
You'll be assessed by:
- A portfolio, which you create based on your learning in each session and evidence from your workplace
- One day one-to-one onsite assessment visit
- Assessment workshop (if required)
Mandatory entry requirements
You should be working as a site supervisor or assistant site manager in one of these areas:
- building and civil engineering
- highways maintenance and repair
- residential development
Qualifications you gain
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision
- Once achieved you can contact CSCS to enquire to apply for Supervisory CSCS Gold Card.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
After you gain the NVQ level 4, you can progress to: