Track and Undercarriage Inspection
Cost:In-company course only price upon enquiry
Duration: 1 day
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course code: DML23
This intensive 1 day course aims to provide you with the knowledge and skills to carry out track and undercarriage inspection.
- Learn how to carry out a component inspection safely
- Become familiar with undercarriage components and car body construction
- Understand the importance and cost implications of regular/irregular undercarriage maintenance and inspection
- Collect accurate measurements of components, compare figures against manufacturers’ specifications and calculate wear rates
- Identify wear patterns/characteristics and locate issues relating to the undercarriage.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
The Track and Undercarriage Inspection course will train you to:
- Identify safe practices and procedures relating to undercarriage inspection and identify all components classed as running gear (rubber tracked, steel tracked and car body types)
- Understand how undercarriage components are constructed, identify undercarriage arrangements and know how standard and LGP undercarriages differ
- Check running gear alignment
- Measure running gear components and check the measurements against manufacturers’ specifications and calculating wear rates
- Identify and diagnose common faults in undercarriages.
Teaching and assessment
- You will be assessed via practical exercises and a theory exam.
Qualifications you get
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.