CPCS Excavator 180° Wheeled and 360° Tracked Combined A12 and A59
Cost: £3,100 no VAT charged
Duration: 15 days
Locations: Derbyshire, Norfolk
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Course code: DEW13
This 15-day course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a 180° wheeled excavator and 360° tracked excavator.
On passing the technical tests, we will apply for the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on your behalf.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
- Operate 180˚ wheeled and excavator 360˚ tracked safely and productively
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Follow all necessary safety precautions
- Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles
- Be aware of the necessary routine adjustments and service procedures, and carry them out
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment.
Teaching and assessment
- 14 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment - CPCS technical tests.
Qualifications you get
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than 23 months before the course start date
- Good understanding of spoken and written English.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.
After gaining experience on site, you must complete a NVQ/SVQ level 2 within 2 years to get the CPCS competent operator card (blue card).