CITB have developed this training standard in discussion with industry
Minimum 1 day of 6 learning hours.
The purpose of training delivered against this standard is to provide candidates with an introduction to creating and using O & M manuals.
The scope includes:
- O & M manual requirements
- Information to be included in the O & M manual, to include: operation, maintenance, decommissioning, demolition of a building
- Compiling a O & M manual
- Use of a O & M Manual
Training delivered against this standard is relevant to the following occupational group(s):
- Management and leadership.
There are no candidate pre-requisites as part of this standard.
As a minimum, course instructors must be able to demonstrate that, in relation to this standard, they have:
- A train the trainer or instructional techniques course certificate
- Successfully completed training to this standard
- At least 2 years relevant industrial experience
- A verifiable CV.
Delivery may be in an on or off the job environment.
All materials and equipment must be of a suitable quality and quantity for candidates to achieve learning outcomes, and must comply with relevant legislation.
The class size and candidate/instructor ratio must allow training to be delivered in a safe manner and enable candidates to achieve the learning outcomes.
For the successful completion of training, the trainer will be required to make a declaration of the learner’s contribution during the course and that they are confident the learner has understood the content of the course.
Quality assurance against this standard will require initial approval of the training organisation and their content mapped to the standard.
CITB will also conduct an approval intervention, either desk-based or centre visit, to ensure the training organisation can meet the requirements of the training standard.
Approved training organisations will be required to present information on records of training and assessment upon request to CITB for desk based analysis. They will also be visited annually by the CITB quality assurance team.
There are no mandatory renewal or recommended refreshment requirements for this standard.
17th November 2017
Either on request or in 3 years from approval date.
The candidate will be able to:
- Explain the requirements for an O & M manual for roofing systems/projects.
- Identify the information that may be included in an O & M manual.
- Compile an O & M manual using relevant sources of information.
- Describe the use of the O & M manual.