CITB have developed this training standard in discussion with industry
Minimum 1 day of 6 learning hours
The purpose of training delivered against this standard is to provide candidates with an introduction to Standing Seam Roofing systems.
The scope includes:
- Description of a generic Standing Seam Roofing system
- Materials used in Standing Seam Roofing
- Benefits of using Standing Seam Roofing
- Installation of Standing Seam Roofing
- Maintenance of Standing Seam Roofing.
Training delivered against this standard is relevant to the following occupational group(s):
- Operative and craft
There are no candidate pre-requisites as part of this standard. However, a basic knowledge of roofing terminology and techniques would be beneficial.
As a minimum, course instructors must be able to demonstrate that, in relation to this standard, they have:
- A train the trainer or instructional techniques course certificate
- Successfully completed training to this standard
- At least 2 years relevant industrial experience
- A verifiable CV.
Delivery may be in an on or off the job environment.
All materials and equipment must be of a suitable quality and quantity for candidates to achieve learning outcomes, and must comply with relevant legislation.
The class size and candidate/instructor ratio must allow training to be delivered in a safe manner and enable candidates to achieve the learning outcomes.
For the successful completion of training, the trainer will be required to make a declaration of the learner’s contribution during the course and that they are confident the learner has understood the content of the course.
Quality assurance against this standard will require initial approval of the training organisation and their content mapped to the standard.
CITB will also conduct an approval intervention, either desk-based or centre visit, to ensure the training organisation can meet the requirements of the training standard.
Approved training organisations will be required to present information on records of training and assessment upon request to CITB for desk based analysis. They will also be visited annually by the CITB quality assurance team.
There are no mandatory renewal or recommended refreshment requirements for this standard.
17th November 2017
Either on request or in 3 years from approval date.
The candidate will be able to:
- Discuss the hazards and risks associated with working on roofing systems and the precautions to be observed. For further information see HSE downloadable publication Health and safety in roof work.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of Standing Seam Roof systems including any associated hazards.
- Identify the materials used in Standing Seam Roof systems to include zinc- aluminium and HB polyester.
- Identify the methods of fixing Standing Seam Roofing systems and the factors determining the methods used.
- Demonstrate the installation of Standing Seam Roofing systems to include manual and mechanical methods, tools and equipment.
- Discuss any maintenance tasks associated with Standing Seam Roofing Systems.