Grant code: B201
You can claim this grant for your employees’ attendance on short training courses related to construction, which last three hours or more.
If you have a training and development plan, you should claim for these courses through the training plan grant. You can switch to claiming through the training plan grant at any time.
Who can claim
Employers registered with CITB who submitted an accurate Levy Return by 31 December 2017.
The grant supports training for your:
How much you can get
- £50 per person per day (one day is six hours)
- £25 per person per half day (a half day is three hours)
- Plus an extra 10% if you pay the CITB levy and meet certain deadlines. See supplementary payment.
You can claim a maximum of £5,000 a year. The total number of days you can claim for depends on the number of employees you declared on your Levy Return.
What the grant funds
This grant supports attendance on short courses related to construction, which are not supported by another CITB grant. The courses must last for three hours or more and can be delivered in-house or externally.
Examples of courses supported by this grant:
- management and supervisory training for your construction staff
- environment and sustainability training
- training under the Construction Industry Scaffolding Record Scheme (CISRS).
The grant does not support
- Courses for more than 30 people
- Full-time courses and evening courses
- Conferences and seminars
- Company-specific training, eg site and customer induction courses
- Heavy goods vehicle (HGV) driver’s licence courses
- Language, tachograph and VAT courses
Have you sent us your bank details?
Do we have your bank details so that we can pay out on your grant claim?
Grants are only paid by bank transfer. If we do not hold your current bank details, please complete and submit the secure online Bacs Direct Credit Authorisation Form to receive grant payments
Terms and conditions
The Grant Scheme Terms and Conditions answer more questions about who can or can’t claim, and how our grants scheme works.
Before you apply, make sure you've read and understood the terms and conditions.
Have you signed up to CITB Grants Online?
By signing up to CITB online you can:
- see your grant statement
- request a grant report
- authorise grant claims
Already have an account? You can log in now.