This one-day course is suitable for organisations and individuals involved in all types of construction work.
The course is designed to give an overview of all the dutyholder roles and legal duties under current legislation.
You will learn about your contractor responsibilities under the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
On completing the course you will have an understanding of:
- Understand their legal position wth regard to CDM
- Identify the roles of the principal designer, designer, client, principal contractor and contractor
- Recognise the importance of the requirements for assessment of knowledge, skills, experience and resources in the appointment of dutyholders
- Demonstrate knowledge of the application of the 'Principles of prevention' to eliminate, reduce and control risks
- Identify the requirements for project documentation
- Identify the requirements for the provision of information
The course covers:
- CDM 2015 overview
- Duty holder responsibilities and appointments: Clients, Principal Designers, Designers, Principal Contractors and Contractors
- Notification of projects
- Preparation of the client brief
- Preparation of pre-construction information
- The elimination, reduction and control of risks through design
- Planning, managing and monitoring construction work
- Construction phase plan requirements
- Application of CDM Part 4 'General requirements for all construction sites'
- Health and Safety file requirements
Teaching and assessment
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies and classroom discussion.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- You'll need a valid form of ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted forms of ID.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.