CDM Awareness GET2368
Cost: From £155
Duration: 1 day
Location: Various UK-wide
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
This one-day course is suitable for organisations and individuals involved in all types of construction work.
The course is designed to give an overview of all the dutyholder roles and legal duties under current legislation.
You will learn about your contractor responsibilities under the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015.
Alternatively, you may prefer to use our remote facilities for this course, which means you can take it in your own home or your place of work making sure you can meet the requirements. Call us on 0344 994 4433 to find out more or book your remote course.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
On completing the course you will have an understanding of:
- Understand their legal position wth regard to CDM
- Identify the roles of the principal designer, designer, client, principal contractor and contractor
- Recognise the importance of the requirements for assessment of knowledge, skills, experience and resources in the appointment of dutyholders
- Demonstrate knowledge of the application of the 'Principles of prevention' to eliminate, reduce and control risks
- Identify the requirements for project documentation
- Identify the requirements for the provision of information.
The course covers:
- CDM 2015 overview
- Duty holder responsibilities and appointments: Clients, Principal Designers, Designers, Principal Contractors and Contractors
- Notification of projects
- Preparation of the client brief
- Preparation of pre-construction information
- The elimination, reduction and control of risks through design
- Planning, managing and monitoring construction work
- Construction phase plan requirements
- Application of CDM Part 4 'General requirements for all construction sites'
- Health and Safety file requirements.
Teaching and assessment
- This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies and classroom discussion.
Qualifications you gain
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area
- You'll need a valid form of ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted forms of ID.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers. You can have between 6 and 16 people on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
To book call your local NCC contact:
|Local NCC contact||Telephone number|
|Scotland, North West England, North East England, Yorkshire and Humber||0300 456 7908|
|London, the South East, South Central and South West England||0300 456 7856|
|East & West Midlands, East Anglia and Wales||0300 456 7766|
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see above) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.
You might also like
If you have several dutyholder responsibilities, you should choose the most suitable course - you don't need to attend all of them.