EUSR Utilities Excavation Support: Category 3 (Timber System Installation)
Cost: £470 no VAT charged
Duration: 2 days
Mandatory entry requirements: See Mandatory entry requirements below
Funding: See Grants and funding below
Course on request only
This course has been developed in conjunction with major utilities construction firms.
It is for operatives with limited knowledge of safe methods to support excavations. You will also learn the correct assembly and safe use of trench boxes.
You can also take this course to refresh existing skills.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements (see below) and booking terms and conditions for this course.
This course delivers assessed outcome training against the National Skills Academy for Power and EU Skills category 3 for the safe shoring of excavations.
- Health and safety requirements
- Different shoring systems
- Soil conditions
- The effects of weather and water
- Service drawings.
Teaching and assessment
You learn through a mix of classroom-based theory and practical training.
Assessment is through:
- Ongoing tutor observation/assessment
- A short written test.
Qualifications you get
- Registration for the Energy and Utilities Skills Register (EUSR) card, endorsed with Category 3 Excavation Scheme
- This card is valid for five years.
Mandatory entry requirements
- Reasonable level of mobility
- Ability to lift and move loads
- Good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
By booking a course, you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
Grants and funding
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.
Please make sure that you have read and understood the entry requirements and booking terms and conditions for this course.
Need more information?
Call 0344 994 4433 for more information about this course.