What this fund is for
The Leadership and Management Development Fund is a one-year competitive fund. It will enable large construction companies (with more than 250 directly employed staff) to invest in developing the leadership, management or supervisory skills of their staff.
Please refer to the Guidance Notes (PDF 193KB) for further details.
In response to COVID-19 we have expanded the funds to support business sustainability as well as business improvement. The changes we have made are set out in the Guidance Notes (PDF 193KB).
When can you apply
The fund is open from 14 April 2020. The deadline for applications is 31 July 2020.
- Your project can last for up to one year, but we will keep the COVID-19 situation under review and be flexible about start dates.
- Applications can contain indicative time scales that are subject to social distancing rules no longer being in place and provision being accessible.
Who can apply for funding
You can apply if:
- you are a CITB-registered employer
- you have more than 250 directly employed staff on the payroll
If your project is a collaboration of large employers, or also supports businesses in the supply chain, you will need to identify a lead employer. This must be a large employer who meets the above criteria.
How much can you apply for
You can apply for up to £100,000.
We will fund a range of projects of different sizes, so we do not expect all proposals to be this large-scale. We do not expect to fund projects under £5,000 through this fund.
Before you apply
Make sure you've read and understood these documents
Guidance notes (PDF 193KB)
How to apply
Please complete the Leadership and Management Development Fund application form (word document 1MB). Your CITB Partnerships Team contact will be happy to support you.
To complete and submit the form, you should:
- Download the application form and save it to your computer
- Complete all fields, saving regularly along the way to prevent loss of data
- Save and send the completed form to L&MFund@citb.co.uk
The CITB team will review all applications at the end of June.